Pista Roasted / பிஸ்தா
The pistachio is a broad, bushy, deciduous tree which grows slowly to a height and spread of 25 to 30 feet, with one or several trunks. The trees are inclined to spread and droop, and may initially need staking. Their open habit and attractive foliage make them valuable ornamentals. Under favorable conditions pistachio trees live and produce for centuries.
The tree was first introduced into the United States in 1854 by Charles Mason, who distributed seed for experimental plantings in California, Texas and some southern states.
At VST Online we import world's best raw Pista roasted from California.
|HAND - PICKED||100% QUALITY CHECKED|
- High in antioxidants Pistachios fight inflammation, protect blood vessels and support healthy heart.
- Phosphorous rich pistachios aid glucose tolerance and are good for Type 2 Diabletes
- Pistachios are good for bones, teeth and eye health.
- Pistachios are a rich source of energy; 100 g of kernels carry 557 calories.
- Pistachios are excellent sources of vitamin-E; especially rich in γ-tocopherol; compose about 23 g per100 g. vitamin-E is a potent lipid-soluble antioxidant essential for maintaining the integrity of mucosa and skin. Also, vitamin-E works as scavengers of harmful free-oxygen radicals.
How to use
- Roasted and crushed, its kernels can be sprinkled over salads, desserts, particularly sundaes and other ice cream based dessert preparations (for example, kulfi in the Indian subcontinent), biscuits, sweets and cakes.
- Split pistachios are a great addition to vegetable/fruit salads.
- Pistachios are nutty, yet pleasantly sweet in taste with a fruity aroma. Baklava, a sweet pastry made of layers of paper-thin "phyllo or strudel dough" filled with chopped pistachio, almonds, and cashew nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey, is a popular pastry preparation in Turkey, Iran, Armenia, and many Middle East states.
Product Name:VST Natural Roasted and Salted California Pistachios